Aubrey has had a cough since mid December. It seems like every time I take the kids to the Dr for a cough they send me home and say we just need to wait it out and there is nothing they can do about it. So, we have been waiting it out. She feels fine, she just has a croupy cough. So yesterday she came home from school and said that her stomach has been hurting a little bit, and her throat hurts off and on. Later that night she was telling me how it was killing her to change into her PE clothes. She had scraped her arm on Saturday and it was really sore. I didn't think much of it.
So this morning she came upstairs after getting ready for school, and she said her stomach was hurting a little. My sister in law LeAnn (in Florida) had called last week and said she had strep. Since we were just there she wanted me to know so I could keep an eye on my kids. So I told Aubrey she could have strep and maybe we should go to the Dr. She HATES to miss school so she really didn't want to stay home. I was kind of just playing it by ear and then she started complaining about her arm again. I said lets see it- Holy Cow!! It was huge swollen and red. I hadn't really paid much attention to is before now- I guess I should have. So I said maybe we should go to the Dr and have him check your arm and your throat. I really wondered if she had sprained or even broken her arm.
So... I took her to the Dr and now I feel like such a jerk of a mom!! She has Strep, bronchitis and a staph infection!!!! Geeze!! So she is on 3 different antibiotics now and can't go to school until at least Thursday! Her school had sent a note home last monday saying that there were a few cases of staff infections going around and to be careful and not share PE towels and stuff.
Hopefully we can get all her problems taken care of soon! The Dr said that if her arm doesn't look any better in the next day or so then we need to take her back in so he can cut open her scab and drain the infection- She really doesn't want that so we are praying that the antibiotic will take care of it!!! :)
Just thought I'd share this gross pic! see how swollen her arm is?
Rumah Minimalis 2 Lantai Dinding Kaca
6 years ago


12 comments:
oh my goodness poor girl!! a similar thing happened to me today too, Ryde was crying and crying in so much pain and i tried everything, i could not figure out what was wrong urns out he had a poopy diaper and a bad diaper rash, it made me cry, i felt like the worst mom, but we cant beat ourselves up too much, you are an awesome mom. By the way your trip to Florida looks like so much fun. i am way jealous!
Don't feel bad -- we've all done it at least once. One time when Rebecca was two she had a cough and a slight fever, but we were on our way to Moab for UEA weekend, so I decided to just hope she had a cold, take the Tylenol with us, and hope she woke up feeling better the next morning. Well, we dragged her all around Arches that weekend, and when I got her into the doctor on Monday we found out she had pnuemonia. I hope she feels better soon!
Oh man that is terrible. I hope she feels better soon.
Poor girl! I hope the medicine works for her and she gets back to herself! You are an awesome mom Shan!! I Love ya!
Oh that is sad! That is the story of my life on waiting things out. I did once on my little guy, turned out he had strep that had spread to his foot and he could not even walk his foot was so swollen. Mom of the year for me! The joys of being a parent...
Your trip looked like lots of fun by the way!
Poor Aubrey! I hope she starts feeling better soon.
YIKES, poor Aubrey! We'll be praying that the antibiotics kick in right away and everything clears up fast.
I guess that answers my question don't reply to my facebook comment. I'm sorry she's in so bad shape but hopefully antibiotics kick in quickly and she's feeling better soon. You'd better pamper her
Wow talk about being miserable! I think we all play the waiting game as mothers, but I don't think you waited too long! I hope that she feels better soon!
Poor little thing... Don't worry I just did the same thing to Matt. He has been pretty sick for 2 weeks. I told him it's just viral. Wait it out.. Yeah So I just went on about life and one night I came home form young womens and he was still SO sick again. I thought he was getting better, but he had strep. Thanks to a heavy duty antibiotic he is feeling SO much better. Hang in there guys :)
How sad! You aren't a jerk of a mom. I know what you mean about drs. How in the heck do we get them to LISTEN?!! Good grief! I hope it all turns out ok.
Oh no! That doesn't look like fun at all. I was just reading an article in the newspaper yesterday, I guess alot of staph has been going around. Kind of scary. I hope things can start to turn around for her.
Post a Comment