Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The only one home again

Damon is LOVING being the only kid home again! He has slept in until 10:00 everyday the kids have been gone to school. (I even put him to bed when they go to bed) He just lounges around for a while! It is SO nice to be able to get a few things done in the morning w/out him needing something!!



This morning I noticed that something had gotten in our trash that we put out last night. We don't have the nice tall trash cans that they city gives you- You go take your trash to the dump yourself, or you can hire someone to do it for you. Since we don't have a trailer and I really don't want our trash in the back of my van, we decided to have someone come get it. Anyway- Jaymz went outside to pick it up for me. When he came in he said Mom- It was a raccoon that got in the trash I saw its footprints. I'm glad it was able to get into our trash though because since it is an endangered species that was good it could get some of our food so it won't die! I had to really keep from laughing at him! I told him they weren't endangered but I don't think he believed me!

6 comments:

Ragan said...

C'mon Shannon, you gotta take care of those endangered racoons!

ari said...

Damon lounging just kills me. Whose kid does that? Mine never did! LUCKY GIRL!

Greg and Sarah said...

Hey I need access to Aubreys and Jaymz's blog. I just noticed them.

Cindy said...

That's too cute!

Jess said...

awh, i love when kids are all "conscientious" like that . . . the intent is pure, even if the facts are a bit jumbled. he he he

Jyl said...

WOW, I love that he sleeps in that late, I hope you sleep in too, I would! Crew is up and playing video games as soon as he can be... do you have that problem with your boys?