So, Damon is really into boxing these days! He wants to be a professional boxer when he grows up! He is a strong and tough kid so I think he could do great at it, but that's definitely not what I would have chosen for him!!
He told us a while ago that he was going to make his birthday really easy for us this year and he only wanted to invite 1 person to his party. He kept trying to make us promise that is what he could do- so I got a little suspicious!! I said well who is the friend you want to invite?? He said JUST Manny Pacquiao!! (his favorite boxer) He's hilarious!!
There is a gym by our house that does boxing. James works out there on the weekends and knows the owner really well. He talked to him about getting Damon into boxing. He told him that they usually don't take kids until they are 8 years old because their attention span isn't usually there. He told him to bring him over a couple of times to try it and he would see what he thought! (Damon won't be 8 until Nov) So we took him there a couple of times and he absolutely LOVED it! The coach told me he was better than the 10 year old and he was really focused and did great! So, Damon has been taking now for a few weeks! He absolutely loves it! It helps get some energy out and he is learning a lot! I keep reminding him that we only box in the ring-- NOT at school or if someone makes us mad! (that is what makes me nervous!!) So far so good though!


0 comments:
Post a Comment